Belstaff Roberts 2.0 Jacket
37-C50N0573-23-SMLRegular price $769.99
The Belstaff Roberts is the waxed cotton version of their stunning Slider leather jacket. It's a design that translates extremely well to waxed cotton, the material Belstaff built its reputation on. It's the fabric they have been using to make motorcycle clothing for the better part of a century now.
This year, however, marks a special occasion: Belstaff, together with cotton mill British Millerain, have re-invented the wax cotton and upgraded it to TekWax. TekWax is a new innovation that uses high grade synthetic fibres intertwined with Belstaff’s high quality cotton to obtain an abrasion resistant fabric that achieves an A rating in the new CE Abrasion & Tear tests. It does this without adding bulk and sacrificing its light weight or the classic Belstaff style. Using the synthetic fibres in the weaving process means the fabric does not rely on thickness to provide exceptional abrasion resistance. D3O CE certified Level 1 armour is included in the elbows and shoulders and offers excellent impact absorption and there is of course a pocket for you to add an optional back protector.
Its Tekwax construction means the Roberts is a sturdy, yet not overly heavy jacket. The outer layer will keep mild rain out because of its waxed nature, but should you get stuck in heavier rainfall, the Roberts has a breathable yet completely waterproof Miporex membrane underneath.
The fit is spot on, as we've come to expect from Belstaff. Same goes for the attention to detail: there are metal breather holes under the arms, a flap with rubberised snap button overlays the main zip to avoid scratching your bike, two tabs on the waist allow you to tailor the jacket, elbows and shoulders have reinforced detailing, the list goes on... Have a look below for the full spec list.
- Matte TekWax Waxed Cotton outer in black
- CE Approved Level 1 D3O armour (shoulders and elbows)
- Waterproof and breathable Miporex membrane
- Cotton check lining on body
- Corduroy on neck, collar and cuffs
- Additional pocket for optional back protector
- Dual upper chest pockets closed by flap and snaps
- Lower jet pockets with metal zips
- Inside facing jet pocket closed by coil zipper
- Waist adjustment tabs with snap buttons
- Metal breather under arms
- Adjusting cuff gusset with snaps
- CE approved garment (Level A)